LES CAYES, Haiti,
August 20, 2021 (Newswire.com) –
In response to the 7.2 magnitude earthquake that struck the southern area of Haiti, Hope for Haiti has launched an emergency funding marketing campaign to lift $5 million for instant and long-term catastrophe reduction and restoration efforts. The nonprofit – which employs 62 full-time Haitian employees members in-country together with medical doctors, nurses, and program managers – has already been offering onsite help to the Haitian individuals. Longtime supporter of Hope for Haiti, The Bob & Renee Parsons Basis has helped kick off the marketing campaign with an preliminary $1 million grant.
“Every time Bob and I go to Haiti, I’m struck by the unbelievable spirit and resilience of the Haitian individuals,” mentioned President and Government Artistic Director of PXG Attire Renee Parsons. “Now, greater than ever, they want our assist. Hope for Haiti is a trusted supply and completely positioned to offer the essential help wanted now.”
The current catastrophe comes after a particularly difficult few years for Haitian households who, along with the current outbreak of COVID-19, have endured political and civil unrest, and meals, water, and financial insecurity. For greater than 30 years, Hope for Haiti has been working in southern Haiti to useful resource and empower native leaders and supply entry to wash water, healthcare, schooling, and financial alternatives.
“Our total group is overwhelmed by the unbelievable generosity of The Bob & Renee Parsons Basis. They’ve been a trusted accomplice for greater than a decade, and it is their previous help for our work and our group, particularly our healthcare applications, which have enabled our group to be uniquely certified to answer this catastrophe,” mentioned Hope for Haiti CEO Skyler Badenoch. “Their donation as we speak of $1 million to help our $5 million aim will allow us to offer reduction, help, and steady help to Haitian households and our greater than 60 companions within the higher south of Haiti.”
With greater than 30 years of expertise in emergency preparedness and response in southern Haiti, Hope for Haiti is well-positioned to offer prompt and long-term assist. The group has taken nice care in utilizing classes realized from its response in the course of the 2010 Earthquake, Haiti’s Cholera Epidemic, Hurricane Matthew, and the unfold of COVID-19 to develop a short-term (three-month) and long-term (24-month) response to this catastrophe. The $5 million marketing campaign will work in direction of the next objectives:
- Buy, import and distribute medicine, medical provides, medical gear, and PPE to help greater than 38 authorities, non-government, and personal medical companions.
- Present 50,000 well being consultations, together with medicine/provides, referrals, and well being schooling for youngsters, dad and mom, and grandparents at Hope for Haiti’s infirmary and thru cell clinics carried out by Haitian medical doctors and nurses.
- Rubble removing and rehabilitation of houses, colleges, sanitation blocks, and healthcare services in 24 rural and concrete communities by hiring and resourcing solely native Haitian building corporations and staff.
- Distribute 15,000 Residence Water Filtration Techniques to households in rural and concrete areas who lack entry to wash consuming water, and who’re vulnerable to contracting waterborne diseases resembling giardia, E.coli, cholera, and different parasites.
- Present 1,000 micro-grants, 20 loans, monetary literacy lessons, and digital forex schooling to schoolteachers and micro, small, and medium-sized companies with the help of blockchain-enabled money transfers.
“Within the aftermath of this current earthquake, Haiti is going through an excessive disaster with numerous accidents and harm to houses, colleges, and vital infrastructure,” mentioned Founder and CEO of PXG Bob Parsons. “Hope for Haiti has been fast to reply, with boots on the bottom, providing the Haitian individuals help they desperately want.”
Hope for Haiti is the main nonprofit targeted on complete poverty alleviation, healthcare, and schooling in Southern Haiti. The group has a four-star score from Charity Navigator and is acknowledged as a Platinum Stage accomplice by the GuideStar Change. Hope for Haiti was additionally named considered one of Charity Navigator’s Prime 10 Humanitarian Reduction Organizations. To be taught extra or make a donation, go to www.hopeforhaiti.com.
Hope for Haiti Director of Advertising & Communications
Supply: Hope for Haiti