Owing to the ever-changing shopping trends and customers’ demands, selecting the products for your dropshipping business may seem like a hectic task.
But don’t worry! We have prepared a comprehensive guide on what products to choose, how to choose, and a list of the best-selling products in 2020 to help you kick-start the business with the best products in the dropshipping market.
How to Decide What Kind of Products to Sell?
Define your supply according to the demand—research what your customers would want to purchase. There are two ways to choose what kind of products you would like to dropship.
1. Select a dropshipping niche: For example, beauty and fashion, tools, cell phone accessories, etc. Then choose the best-selling products in that particular niche.
2. Create a combination of the trending products: If you are a new business, restricting the dropshipping business to one particular niche may not yield the best results.
So, choose a combination of the trending products and then decide further based on how well they sell.
The best dropshipping products fall under one of these categories:
- Products in the cheaper price ranges (5$ – 50$) – These products satisfy the customer’s impulse buying urge. When the product they want to purchase is available at a cheaper cost, there’s a higher chance that the customer would buy the product.
- Products that improve the customers’ quality of life – We all are in the constant search of making our lives easier and better. So, cater to the customers’ needs and choose the products which would make their lives better. E.g., travel kit for makeup brushes, wireless chargers, etc.
- Products that are unique or rare-to-find – There’s a high demand in the market for unique products. Novelty always attracts customers.
Now that we have established what kind of products fall under the best-selling category in the dropshipping business. The next question is how to find the best dropshipping products for your business. Let’s find out!
How to Find the Best Dropshipping Products for Your Business?
Always remember, research is your best friend. There are a few sources to research what products will be suitable and profitable for your dropshipping business.
- Amazon bestsellers – If your business has a particular dropshipping niche, this is the best way to research what products are profitable. Go to the Amazon bestsellers page and select the niche you are targeting and find the products that are doing well. All you have to do is sell them at lower prices to attract more customers.
- Google Trends – This is one of our favorite tools to analyze the customer market for each product. Logon to Google trends and search for the product you would like to sell. The interest over different periods is readily available here.
- AliExpress Hot Products – If you are starting a new business, AliExpress Hot Products provides an overview of the products that have been profitable for online businesses. This is also useful in reviewing the suppliers and the prices in the market.
- Salehoo Market Research Lab – Salehoo is one of the most popular dropshipping supplier directories that enable the dropshipping businesses to research the trends, the hot products in their niches, and the competition stats etc. based on the real data.
- Spocket – Spocket is also a dropshipping supplier directory that provides the winning products list in each category for your retail business.
- Reddit – Reddit is an unconventional yet brilliant source for product research. There are hundreds of subreddit threads for each category. Read the discussion forums and analyze the needs of the customers.
- Competitor research – List out the potential competitors for your dropshipping business or the businesses that have been doing well already in the dropshipping business. Research what products they are selling, the prices, and the profit margins. By doing this, you will get a clear picture of the latest trends in the market, the price-fixing strategy, and the competition rate for each product in the market.
In addition to the sources mentioned above, the businesses can also use Product mafia, Product research labs on Facebook groups, engaging with the social media audience, etc.
To make this easier for you, we have researched and created a comprehensive list of the products that have performed well in 2020 so far. Let’s get into the list.
The Best-Selling Dropshipping Products of 2021 (So Far)
After extensive research on various eCommerce websites and the data on Google trends, the following products are made into the best-selling category of 2021.
- Hand Sanitizers
- N-95 Respiratory masks
- Travel makeup brushes
- Fitness trackers
- Screen protectors
- Facial oils
- Scalp massager
On the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, people are very concerned about their cleanliness and hygiene. The sales of the hand sanitizers have surged up like never before. The data on the Google trends also shows the same.
Hand sanitizers are readily available for purchase in bulk quantities. Even if you set a very slight margin, you can make a reasonable profit due to the demand.
Since 2020, people have got habituated to the new normal of wearing masks. Due to the health concerns of contracting the Coronavirus, N95 respirator masks have been one of the best-selling dropshipping products.
Travel Makeup Brushes
Since there is heavy competition in selling the makeup brushes, it is profitable if the dropshipping business sells higher-quality brushes and a low margin to attract more customers.
With people increasingly becoming conscious about health and fitness, fitness gadgets sales have become an indisputable option for the dropshipping business.
The profit margin can be almost as high as 25-50% for each fitness tracker, making the fitness trackers one of the best dropshipping products in the eCommerce business.
Customers are looking for high-quality screen protectors to protect their expensive devices. So, as a seller, it’s crucial to source screen protectors from an excellent dropshipping supplier.
Work from home has become the go-to solution for a lot of employees in 2021. Most of the companies are suggesting the employees work from home because of the current situation.
Google Trends shows how the interest over loungewear has seen a sudden spike in the first quarter of 2020 and has been consistent after that.
Thanks to the Kardashians! Shapewear has become a go-to for a lot of women to look hotter and impeccable. Shapewear has become a consistent topic of conversation in the fashion industry. Shapewear is here to stay. The trends predict the same.
As silly as it sounds, slime is one of the bestselling dropshipping products so far. Owing to our sedentary lifestyle, we all want to fidget or play with something.
Customers are keen on buying a high-quality facial oil which makes their skin supple and soft. From a drop shipper’s perspective, facial oils can earn a high-profit margin compared to other products.
Scalp massager is one of such dropshipping products which satisfies the impulse buying urge of the customer. The price of this product also falls under the low price products category.
You can buy the scalp massagers for very low prices in bulk (as low as 1$ per product) and sell them for a reasonable price margin (almost 5$ per product).
The demand for scalp massagers has been following an increasing trend as the customers are attracted to the relaxing and wellness factor associated with them.
Best Dropshipping Products to Sell in Q4 2021
Based on the trends predicted for the rest of the year and the customers’ interest over the last twelve months, we have compiled a list of the products that are going to be sold like hotcakes.
- Touch-screen gloves
- Weekly planners
- Halloween pet accessories
- Novelty lamps
- Waterproof shoe protectors
- Desktop punching bags
- Wireless chargers
- Reusable silicone food covers
- Baby flat-head pillows
With the winter coming soon, there’s a need for gloves that work on the touch-screens of our phones and tablets.
Touch-screen gloves are unique, and there is less competition in the market, making them very trending for the dropshipping business.
Google trends show that the interest on the touch-screen gloves has increased from September to December in the past five years. It is predicted that this product is going to follow the same trend in the fourth quarter of 2020.
Weekly planners make the customers declutter their schedule, plan, and organize ahead.Google Trends shows that the demand for the weekly planners worldwide is going to rise over the next couple of months.
Halloween pet accessories
Halloween is right around the corner. People would want to dress their pets up and celebrate Halloween with their extended animal family. This makes the pet accessories a profitable and unique option for all the animal lovers out there.
As Google Trends shows, there will be a surge in demand for Halloween pet in October as it did in the past five years.
“Winter is coming.” Forgive my Game of Thrones reference. Blankets are essential items to protect us from the low temperatures and the cold weather. Blankets are one of the profitable dropshipping products to sell in the last quarter of the year.
The graph clearly shows that the demand for the blankets has increased in Fall(Sep-Dec) and thereafter consistent.
With all the festivals such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas coming up and with the travel restrictions all over the world, people engage in a lot of festivities and decorations at home.
Novelty lamps are one of the unique, trending products for dropshipping for this Fall season. To make this product a profitable one, choose the best supplier based on the ratings and choose high-quality lamps for selling.
Waterproof shoe protectors
In tropical countries with heavy monsoons, it’s a risk to step out in your favorite sneakers. So, the waterproof shoe protectors with a zip-locking facility are a boon to all of us who don’t want to ruin our favorite sneakers.
The demand for waterproof shoes has been consistent throughout the year.
The graph in the Google Trends backs up the same.
Desktop punching bags
Stress has been such a huge complaint, irrespective of the age demographic or the profession demographic. Stress can be named as the next global pandemic.
Desktop punching bags are the right option to channel the pressure in the right way for all the students and employees sitting at desks for long hours.
Ever since the advent of the wireless chargers, their demand has been consistent over the years. They are one of the best dropshipping products because of the convenience factor of the customer.
The profit margin can be as high as 50%, making them a profitable option for dropshipping.
Reusable silicone food covers
Reusable silicone food covers make this list for several reasons. One, they make the customers’ lives better. Two, they are unique. Three, they promote sustainability and aid in protecting the environment.
Instead of stocking up food covers in the groceries every month, the customers prefer to buy these reusable covers for one time and reap the benefits.
Baby flat head pillows
Baby flat head pillows are new products in the dropshipping market. The new moms constantly worry about their babies having a flat head.
This product puts an end to all those worries and make their already busy lives more manageable.
Over to You!
If you have already decided what dropshipping products to sell and are looking for a dropshipping sourcing agent that could provide you with the best dropshipping suppliers, you should check out NicheDropshipping.
Our job is done here. Now, good luck with your dropshipping business.