Holiday sales are the holy grail of both online and retail stores. Even with a relatively new dropshipping site you can — and should — make use of it. Before we dissect the particular sales, keep the general rules in mind:
- Add at least one more supplier in case of higher demand during the holiday sales.
- Don’t be afraid to discount. Offer different options, going as low as 70% with some products.
- Employ different sales tactics at the same time. From flash sales to 10% discounts for first-time newsletter subscribers, the more options you offer, the harder it is to refuse.
- Crossell and upsell.
- Use the Online Salehoo Directory. We have performed a Salehoo Review here:
Christmas dropshipping aka Christmas sale starts to pique interest as early as late August, according to Google Trends. Of course, you don’t have to launch it that early: if anything, there’s no reason to start before your Black Friday sale ends. But if you, for some reason, didn’t have one, pick mid-November for early Christmas advertising.
- Switch to more heavyweight Xmas sale promo (more banners, overlays, E-mail, social media marketing) around late November;
- Dropship versatile Christmas & New Year-related products that the buyer can re-use. While holiday-related designs will be in demand, don’t exclusively sell the products with an upcoming year printed on them, or meme-related stuff only. Fleeting trends can be profitable, sure. But smart customers will also be looking for items that will be relevant every winter holiday.
- Dropshipping products for spring can also take root around Christmas time. The next big sale after the winter campaigns (Black Friday, Xmas & New Year, and Saint Valentine’s day) will be Easter. And just like the Christmas one, it’s heavily based on specifically designed products. Use the winter holiday sales to figure out which tactics worked best, and which need improvement. You will most likely utilize them again for Easter.
And, as mentioned above, don’t miss the opportunity to do a Black Friday sale. There’s not a year where it doesn’t prove to be incredibly profitable across the markets — including eCommerce. Even in pre-pandemic days of 2019 more than 93 people made online Black Friday purchases, with $2.9 sales happening via mobile phones.
AccordingtoGoogle Trends, the interest for Cyber Monday & Black Friday deals doesn’t really drop through the entire year. That means the sooner you start preparing your store for the sale, the better. For Black Friday dropshipping, consider the following:
- Launch the sales as early as the first half of October;
- Heavily advertise the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale: use overlays and banners, Email marketing, social media promos;
- Try not to go out of your chosen niche. Make the most of the ones you work with usually. “Christmas-is” a portion of them to fit the theme.
- Focus on discounting the products that are not Christmas and New Year related, but can still make great holiday gifts;
- Put your hit products on sale. If you dropship the items that are already your supplier’s bestsellers, that works perfectly.
Products to dropship on winter holidays:
- Clothing items like pajamas, sweaters, hats, socks, scarfs, onesies, blankets, robes for adults, kids, or pets are the non-brainer dropshipping winter products for Christmas. Add: small artificial Christmas trees, non-breakable (plush, plastic, paper, or wooden) decorations, and toys, cookie cutters, disposable cutlery and plates, carnival masks, and costumes. Avoid: glass, electronics, pyrotechnics.
- Big kits of tools, beauty products, bed linen, home decor, arts & crafts supplies have that perfect “giftable” potential.
- Toys — and, speaking of big, sizeable ones. From huge dollhouses to sports car models: for Christmas, most parents go with all-around impressive and memorable presents for their kids.
- Smart gadgets. But, please, make sure you’re 100% certain about the supplier’s quality.
And if you need a seamless, synchronized dropshipping experience during the hectic time of the holiday sales, time to switch to ali2Woo. Our dropshipping plugin for AliExpress and eBay has all you need to smoothly run a WooCommerce online store.