In immediately’s episode, we’re talking with considered one of Australia’s most-loved composers, Kerin Bailey.
Kerin shares his musical background, affect of jazz music, and ideas about efficient methods to show jazz expertise and chord progressions to college students.
We’ll additionally hear Kerin display on the piano from his improv system for educating, and offer you some takeaways in your personal college students.
SEND ME FUTURE EPISODES
Transcript of the present about composer Kerin Bailey
If you happen to’d prefer to obtain a PDF transcript of this episode, please click on beneath.
On this episode, you’ll study Kerin’s compositional works and improv system:
- [03:27] Kerin Bailey efficiency
- [05:20] Jazzin’ Round, his most well-known piano collection and his compositions for different devices
- [07:00] The instrument he most enjoys composing for
- [08:15] Exploring orchestral writing
- [09:08] Kerin’s musical background and multi-instrument research
- [10:34] Studying find out how to learn lead sheets
- [13:24] Emergence as a composer
- [16:20] Extra on academic influences
- [20:48] Deal with jazz composition
- [24:17] Self-publishing
- [26:16] Different music for piano that he has revealed
- [27:52] His most up-to-date composition, Drowsy Bees and Butterflies
- [30:26] Study ideas from Kerin’s improv system
Hyperlinks Talked about
About our Visitor
Kerin Bailey is considered one of Australia’s best-loved composers. He commenced piano classes at age 7 and his curiosity in jazz dates from that point. He started enjoying for native dances and live shows at 11; a key factor in creating his improvisational expertise.
In 1978, he graduated from the College of Adelaide with an Honours Diploma in Music majoring in Classical Piano Efficiency. Trumpet was his research as a second instrument and later, flute and violin.
Since then, he has loved a assorted profession in music together with eight years as a music lecturer with TAFE, contracts with the College of South Australia and continues to be in-demand as knowledgeable musician, composer, speaker and trainer.
Thanks for tuning in!
Think about implementing the concepts from this podcast by writing a number of actionable steps in your educating observe if it’s impressed you.
If you happen to loved immediately’s present, please go away us a evaluation on Apple Podcasts, which helps different lecturers discover our present.
Keep up to date by subscribing to this present, and get automated supply to your system each time a brand new episode goes stay! We publish on Fridays weekly.