Keen to learn about the experiences of Hunters and Collectors band member, Jack Howard? We’ll you’re in for a treat because I’ve invited Jack to share his story with us.
Jack is such an accomplished musician – from touring the world with Midnight Oil as their multi-instrumentalist to releasing his own critically acclaimed records since 2001. He has also recently launched his musical memoir called Small Moments of Glory.
Learn more about his interesting beginnings as a musician, playing with Hunters and Collectors, and teaching career in this episode.
SEND ME FUTURE EPISODES
- [04:06] Jack’s musical background, experiences with Hunters & Collectors and teaching career.
- [05:17] The story of how he studied at Wesley and what made him go into teaching.
- [08:30] Instruments he plays and the bands he is part of.
- [09:26] Talking about their group, the Horns of Contempt.
- [10:22] How he became a part of Hunters & Collectors.
- [13:59] Their process of writing songs.
- [15:56] How his experience in performances and bands affected how he approaches teaching.
- [19:51] His musical experiences during his early childhood until university.
- [26:40] His feelings and thoughts about the music we have at present.
- [32:08] Sharing current performances and composing gigs.
- [39:00] Fire round – 10 quick questions I ask Jack.
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
About our Guest
Jack Howard, one of the great quiet achievers of Australian music, is an accomplished musician and member of the famous band Hunters and Collectors in Australia. In 2001, he toured the world with Midnight Oil as their multi-instrumentalist. He has also been releasing his own critically acclaimed records since 2001. He recently launched his musical memoir called Small Moments of Glory.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.