Educating college students with exceptionalities has a deeper impact on us than simply the satisfaction and happiness of creating the coed study.
Dr Erin Parkes is the founding father of the Lotus Centre for Particular Music Training. It’s a charitable organisation dedicated to offering entry to music training for individuals with exceptionalities.
She joins us on this episode, to share extra about instructing college students with exceptionalities and connecting with them in classes by having flexibility, empathy, and utilizing key approaches that may assist each pupil and trainer develop.
SEND ME FUTURE EPISODES
- [02:44] Dr Erin Parkes tells us in regards to the Lotus Centre.
- [04:34] The rationale behind why she makes use of the time period exceptionalities as a substitute of particular wants.
- [08:32] A glance again on the musical training of Dr Erin Parkes.
- [10:44] The story of how instructing youngsters with exceptionalities turned an curiosity for her.
- [13:58] The necessity for flexibility in her instructing strategy for college students with exceptionalities.
- [15:47] Beginning and establishing the Lotus Centre.
- [17:56] Dr Erin Parkes talks about her present position on the Lotus Centre.
- [19:02] Examples and ideas for empathy-based approaches to college students with behavioural issues.
- [23:33] The significance of tuning in to your pupil’s sensory wants.
- [28:21] Utilizing a strengths-based strategy for college students with exceptionalities.
- [31:14] Understanding a multi-modality strategy.
- [32:53] The impression of COVID-19 on lecturers for college students with exceptionalities.
- [35:31] Widespread issues lecturers do and the right way to repair it.
- [41:30] High 5 suggestions for instructing college students with exceptionalities.
- [47:02] Skilled growth lecturers can entry the institute.
Right now’s Freebie
Transcript of the present
If you happen to’d wish to obtain a PDF transcript of this episode, please click on under.
Hyperlinks Talked about
About our Visitor
Dr Erin Parkes is the founder and Government Director of the Lotus Centre for Particular Music Training, a charitable organisation dedicated to offering entry to music training for individuals with exceptionalities.
Certainly one of her most up-to-date accomplishments is launching the Lotus Centre Institute for skilled growth which supplies music lecturers with abilities and instruments to assist college students with exceptionalities attain their full potential.
Other than her position at Lotus Centre, she is an adjunct professor on the College of Ottawa, instructing programs and guiding college students in particular music training. She holds a number of levels within the area of music together with a PhD in Music Training from McGill College.
Thanks for tuning in!
Think about implementing the concepts from this podcast by writing a number of actionable steps on your instructing apply if it’s impressed you.
If you happen to loved at present’s present, please go away us a evaluate on Apple Podcasts, which helps different lecturers discover our present.
Keep up to date by subscribing to this present, and get automated supply to your system each time a brand new episode goes dwell! We publish on Fridays weekly.