Do you know that 1 in 5 individuals within the USA have dyslexia? So, in case you’ve obtained 20 college students, the chances are fairly excessive that not less than 4 are dyslexic. Subsequently, understanding dyslexia is a vital software to have.
In in the present day’s episode, Becki Laurent joins us to speak about how we are able to higher attain our music college students that wrestle with this studying problem.
We focus on myths, misconceptions and ideas for instructing college students with dyslexia. Becki additionally shares the elements of the Orton Gillingham methodology of instructing studying and the way we are able to incorporate these in music instructing.
It’s an excellent informative and fascinating episode you received’t need to miss.
SEND ME FUTURE EPISODES
- [03:13] Becki shares how she obtained on the journey of instructing music to youngsters with dyslexia and ADHD.
- [13:41] The dialog that you must have along with your college students’ mother and father.
- [15:54] Prime 5 Myths for instructing college students with dyslexia.
- [23:03] Understanding dyslexia and why rhythm is so necessary in instructing dyslexics.
- [28:02] How utilizing the method of instructing dyslexics might help any pupil develop into higher.
- [34:42] Parts of the Orton Gillingham instructing methodology and the way we are able to apply it to music.
- [43:19] Pattern methods you should use to show college students.
- [51:02] Ideas for making the method of studying enjoyable for college students.
Transcript of the present
For those who’d wish to obtain a PDF transcript of this episode, please click on beneath.
Hyperlinks Talked about
About our Visitor
Becki Laurent is the director of a music faculty in West Texas. Her superpowers embody ADHD, listening, analyzing and getting issues executed. She doesn’t sleep a lot and may typically be discovered on Fb in any respect hours of the day and evening in on a regular basis zones of the world.
At present’s Sponsor
Are digital classes with ZOOM driving you MAD?
Audio points, bother connecting?
RockOutLoud.LIVE is a digital music lesson video platform made for music academics who need to present their college students with the last word digital music lesson expertise. Contained in the RockOutLoud.LIVE video utility, you’ll have entry to assets like sheet music searches of a library of songs together with chords you possibly can share throughout screens to your college students in real-time. Plus, your pupil can obtain their digital lesson notes whereas contained in the digital session! It’s cheaper than your Zoom account and offers you the entire instruments to show in an interactive lesson. So what are you ready for? Join a FREE 7-day trial by visiting RockOutLoud.dwell in the present day.
Thanks for tuning in!
Think about implementing the concepts from this podcast by writing a number of actionable steps in your instructing observe if it’s impressed you.
For those who loved in the present day’s present, please go away us a evaluate on Apple Podcasts, which helps different academics discover our present.
Keep up to date by subscribing to this present, and get automated supply to your gadget each time a brand new episode goes dwell! We publish on Fridays weekly.
You must be logged in to post a comment.