We’ve got a return guest today, Mike Grande, who actually came on the show about a year ago right at the start of the pandemic.
We’re doing a catch up on what he’s been up to, how he handled the closure of his half a million dollar school in New York 5 months after it opened, and the great things he has done and is still doing to help his students, their families and his local community.
Of course, we’ll also be talking about his Rock Out Loud Live platform and how things are going with that since it started during the start of the pandemic.
SEND ME FUTURE EPISODES
- [04:09] Mike shares his experience with building his music schools and how Rock Out Loud Live started.
- [06:48] The reason why Mike decided to build a new platform for online lessons.
- [10:34] How he handled the situation his studio was in during COVID.
- [15:42] The story behind his recent award.
- [19:52] How hybrid lessons are going to play out in the future.
- [22:39] Using virtual lessons for make-up lessons.
- [24:34] Mike gives an overview on Rock Out Loud Live.
- [27:10] Features of Rock Out Loud Live.
- [30:26] The number of users the platform has today.
- [31:50] Rock Out Loud Live pricing and inclusions.
- [32:59] Talking about back up plans for your business.
- [36:44] Mike shares his presentation on One Inch at the Teacher Turbo Conference.
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
About our Guest
Michael Grande is the owner of two music schools; one in New York and one in New Jersey. In November 2019, after spending over $650,000 building out his New Jersey school; Rock Out Loud, he was told he had to close due to COVID-19. As the music education world went to ZOOM for Virtual Music Lessons, Michael decided to accelerate the production of his own Virtual Music Lesson Portal; RockOutLoud.live. RockOutLoud.live is the world’s FIRST Virtual Music Lesson portal designed for music educators that is three years in the making. To date, Rock Out Loud Live is now being used in 113 countries, hosts over 40,000 lessons a week and has 4000+ music schools currently using the platform for their Virtual Music Lessons.
Are virtual lessons with ZOOM driving you MAD?
Audio issues, trouble connecting?
RockOutLoud.LIVE is a virtual music lesson video platform made for music teachers who want to provide their students with the ultimate virtual music lesson experience. Inside the RockOutLoud.LIVE video application, you’ll have access to resources like sheet music searches of a library of songs along with chords you can share across screens to your students in real-time. Plus, your student can download their virtual lesson notes while inside the virtual session! It’s cheaper than your Zoom account and gives you all of the tools to teach in an interactive lesson. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for a FREE 7-day trial by visiting RockOutLoud.live today.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.