Have you ever ever questioned whether or not recitals and forcing children to carry out on stage is de facto one of the best ways to evaluate their progress of their music studying? For the longest time, recitals have been academics’ go-to however as time and expertise have modified music and classes, so have these assessments.
On this episode, Tom Donald shares inventive methods of taking a look at his college students’ progress and the way this course of has helped each his college students and studio.
Be a part of us on this fascinating dialog as we dive deep into the options you additionally would possibly wish to think about for a few of your college students who possibly are doing issues extra within the composing, recording, and songwriting realms.
SEND ME FUTURE EPISODES
- [04:42] Tom tells us about himself and his music college.
- [05:54] Other ways to evaluate the progress of our college students.
- [09:40] How they began recording their college students’ music.
- [12:17] The music recording course of.
- [16:18] Releasing the music to the general public.
- [19:01] A number of kinds of releasing music for kids.
- [20:25] The rationale behind calling his college students members.
- [21:06] The packages he affords and the advertising and marketing he does for classes.
- [22:20] Tom shares secret wins on instructing.
- [23:47] How pupil releases can come again as nice advertising and marketing for his or her studio.
- [26:00] College students releasing music for the enjoyable of it.
- [27:44] Replace on his performances.
Transcript of the present
In case you’d prefer to obtain a PDF transcript of this episode, please click on beneath.
Hyperlinks Talked about
Right this moment’s Visitor
Tom Donald is an unbelievable jazz pianist and in addition one among our skilled academics in TopMusicPro.
He’s a passionate advocate for the usage of chords and improvisation in all music studying. He’s additionally a champion for the struggling grownup beginner by connecting them with their interior genius. He’s an actual coach. He’s labored on musical transformations with numerous college students over the past 20 years and now heads up the London Up to date Faculty of Piano. On this episode, we talk about a few of the revolutionary methods he has carried out in his college to evaluate college students.
Thanks for tuning in!
Take into account implementing the concepts from this podcast by writing a number of actionable steps on your instructing apply if it’s impressed you.
In case you loved at present’s present, please depart us a assessment on Apple Podcasts, which helps different academics discover our present.
Keep up to date by subscribing to this present, and get automated supply to your gadget each time a brand new episode goes reside! We publish on Fridays weekly.