With COVID and lockdown, a lot of teachers and students have been faced with the challenge of learning online. Teachers, especially, have had to think of ways to make online lessons more fun and engaging.
In this episode, Rebecca Singerman-Knight, shares how she did this through her Lockdown Mashups activity with her students which has encouraged them to compose, sing, and play music that they really love.
SEND ME FUTURE EPISODES
- [02:37] Rebecca shares about her teaching and studio.
- [04:02] She talks about her childhood piano lessons.
- [06:16] How her teaching looked before she joined TopMusicPro membership.
- [08:58] Pain points of teachers who join the membership.
- [10:14] Coping during the time of lockdown with her students and working on Lockdown Mashups with them.
- [20:29] Steps she took to do the Lockdown Mashups with her students.
- [21:16] Resources and apps she used for checking her lessons.
- [25:36] Rebecca shares the mashups of her students.
- [38:52] Tailoring the activity for the students.
- [40:30] Mashups and combinations she has up her sleeve at the moment.
- [42:40] Teaching tips for teachers.
- [45:55] How she came across the TMP community and how she uses it.
- [52:26] Advice for teachers who want to join the membership.
Transcript of the show
If you’d like to download a PDF transcript of this episode, please click below.
Links & Resources Mentioned
Rebecca Singerman-Knight is a piano teacher based in Teddington, South West London. Rebecca worked in the corporate world for 15 years before leaving to set up her own private studio. She tailors her teaching to her students’ specific interests and provides a varied musical experience in her lessons. In this podcast episode she shares how she got creative with her lessons during lockdown doing piano mashups with her students.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.